What is Skrill?
Skrill is an online payment method and they help you in the transaction of the money and transfer the money around the world. They were established in 2001 and completed almost a decade. They’re one of the leading payment company in the world. They are owned by the Paysafe Group. PaySafe Group is a large payment group which provides the payment options in person and via other channels. It was started as an eCommerce payment method specially for the betting and casino. Later, they expanded their business and created this gateway to other services. Skrill Money Transfer is the new version of Skrill where it lets you transfer money across the world.
Skrill introduced crypto service in 2018 and they allow customers to buy cryptocurrencies using their balance. They use the local fiat currency through the Skrill wallet without being able to withdraw the cryptocurrencies to the wallet.
Create an account on Skrill and take advantage of this service. It offers access to that service called Skrill Wallet. Their service is quick and easy. They have an excellent price rate system and charges. You can send your money internationally through Skrill Money Transfer. You can fund the payment through debit or credit card. The bank transfer option is also available. You can receive funds directly into their bank account and also in a mobile wallet which is the most used option.
Skrill allows the transaction in 40 supported currencies and they also provide the function that you can add more currencies to your account. You can buy a prepaid card linked to the account in four currencies USD, EUR, PLN, and GBP.
Skrill Accepted Countries
Skrill is restricted in a few countries as a deposit option. These are the various countries which follow AstroPay:
Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India (not available if the sender country is India), Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Nepal
Skrill Money Transfer provides these deposit options:
- Bank Transfer – Skrill allows you to transfer money from your bank account.
- Rapid Transfer – Skrill offers to deposit money from your bank account using your bank details directly to your wallet.
- Local bank transfer – This option allows some transfer providers such as UPI, WebPay, Caixa.
- Debit or Credit Card – Skrill allows you to use your debit and credit to complete the transaction.
- Paysafecard – This deposit option provides you a prepaid card that helps you to complete your transactions. You can also use this service by paying cash at Paysafecash-generated barcode.
- Local cash providers – There are also different local providers such as Boleto, Davivienda, Pago Facil, ServiPag, Banorte, and Pago Efectivo. It allows to make a cash deposit into your Skrill account.
- NETELLER – This is the only e-wallet option on Skrill. It allows you to instantly transfer money from your NETELLER to your Skrill account.
- Cryptocurrency – After 2018, they allowed cryptocurrencies in the deposit section. They allow Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash. You can transfer your digital currency from your Bitcoin app.
Pro and Cons
- Skrill has an Intuitive system. They have a good navigation system which is easy for user.
- Skrill is a simple platform to complete money transfers.
- Skrill offers their services from many countries.
- They have positive reviews on Trustpilot.
- Their convenience comes at a price as they charge a good amount of fees. They charge a currency conversion fee of 3.99%, which is higher than any other online transfer services.
- If you don’t use or log in to Skrill at least in a year, you’ll be charged £2 fee until you do so.
- Skrill requires a government-issued ID. This function is not possible for many users.
How Skrill Money Transfer Works
In this segment, we will tell you that how you can use Skrill Money Transfer and how it works.
- To start the process, create a new Skrill account. Add your first name, last name, mail and password.
- When you finished the accounting process with Skrill, variety your identity. This process lies on your location. You just need to provide personal information.
- Go through the verification process including full name, address, birth date and a government-issued identification number like social security or national insurance number.
- You can also get a set of questions on general knowledge. You may also be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity like a colour copy of your ID such as identity card, driver’s license or passport.
- You can also provide the picture of you holding your identity document, a proof of your address document or a bank statement issued within the last three months.
Transfer the Money
Now the next process comes if you transfer the money. After finishing the amount details, you will need to fill the details of the respective person such as their full name and address, their bank code (for some countries it’s a national bank code or Business Identifier Code), IBAN (International Bank Account number), country of their bank, the amount of the payment, any reference and the reason for making the payment, if required.
Now click on send option, pay and wait for the confirmation.
You can fund your transfer with your preferred payment options such as credit/debit or bank transfer.
Skrill’s fee charge is convenient. They don’t charge any transfer fee for a Skrill Money Transfer to a bank account or mobile money account overseas. If you pick any other money transfer option with a debit or credit card, then Skrill will not charge any additional fees.
Skrill also provides the interbank, baseline rate for its money transfer service. It means that you will get the real exchange rate with no hidden markup.
If you transfer your money through Skrill Money Transfer, then Skrill will take around 3-5 working days to finish the payment method.
Skrill Supported Betting Sites
Here, we’re talking about those websites which are available in majority of countries. Here it follows:
Skrill is a secure online payment method for betting and casino sites. Their service is legal and safe. Their transaction options are also safe for Indian players.
Skrill Customer Support
Skrill provides customer support for 24/7. Their other customer support is available through phone, email and live chat. You can manage your account through the mobile app which is available on both Android and iOS devices. For more information, you can check out their website. You can send your questions to www.skrill.com.
- How much does it cost to open a Skrill account?
Its absolutely free. You can register for a Skrill account with zero amount.
- Does Skrill offer a mobile app?
Yes, Skrill offers app service for both iOS and Android.
- Can I withdraw my money to my Skrill Card?
Yes. Skrill Card is not available as a withdrawal option.
- How much days Skrill takes to transfer the money?
Skrill transfer the respective amount in 3-4 working days.