Keno is one of the popular lottery game and most of the leading gambling sites prefer this game on top. It came from China in the 19th century. The odds are not high at the casino but still, this game is interesting for its functions.
Keno can play the role of your big win and you can win a jackpot of a big amount. You can win through small investments. It’s a lottery style game and you don’t need proper skills to break out this game. The rules are easy and it’s a beginner-friendly game. You will get the option of game-play and the flexibility of this game will offer you a better experience.
Let’s go through the complete details of the game where we will discuss the rules, tips, and odds.
How to Play Keno?
Keno is basically played by picking a set of numbers between 1 and 80. From there, 20 numbers are drawn randomly.
And the winning term is pretty simple as if the numbers drawn match the numbers you selected, you win. The amount of numbers you picked and how many of them you got right to clarify the amount of your payout.
Remember, that’s not mean you need to match all 20 numbers to hit the jackpot. To grab the jackpot, you need to hit 9 or 10 number ticket. If we take an average, people usually play between 3-9 numbers.
Try to pick a good casino site to play a fair game. We have seen some problems in the sites so we suggest you pick a reputable site to play this game. To find out the credibility of the site, you just need to check out their gambling regulations and license. Pick those sites which offer active customer support through mail, chat, or phone.
Keno can play the role of your big win and you can win a jackpot of a big amount. You can win through the small investments. It’s a lottery style game and you don’t need proper skills to break out this game. The rules are easy and it’s a beginner-friendly game. You will get the option of game-play and the flexibility of this game will offer you a better experience.
Keno Game Types
There are two ways to play Keno:
- Live Keno
- Video Keno
These two options offer their own set of pros and cons. It’s the user’s personal preference to pick a suitable variation. Let’s understand about both variations here:
Video Keno is a fast-paced game. This variation plays a lot more like a slot machine. A Random Number Generator determines the outcome of the game, not from actually drawing numbered balls from a machine.
You will get various versions of Video Keno and you can pick any aversion.
- Cleopatra Keno offers a free spin bonus, and
- Caveman Keno has extra multipliers on their Keno rounds.
- If you love to increase your game pace then you can go for Four Card Keno. Here, you can try four different Keno cards simultaneously.
Yet it is common to lose faster when playing video Keno. This is because you are playing a much higher number of hands per hour.
Video Keno usually has a lower house advantage than live Keno. Live Keno is basically played at a Keno lounge in a land-based casino. You can also play through an online casino.
Live Keno is more comparable to Bingo and you make your Keno number selections on a Keno card and place your bet. You can make several different wagers on the same Keno card.
A new round starts every 5-10 minutes at most casinos. The best thing about Live Keno is a large jackpot because the user gets more opportunities to win a big amount on Live Keno games. There are several different bets that can be placed at a live Keno venue.
Types of Bets Available Tickets
A straight bet is kind of a bet where you choose numbers with a specific bet. Then you have to hit all or selected numbers based on how many you have selected in order to win.
A way ticket has different selections of numbers. You can pick groupings and different number amounts.
Let’s understand this by this example. A player can have a group of 4 numbers, a different group of 4 numbers, and then a group of all 8 numbers. There isn’t a restriction on the number of selections players can make.
King Number Tickets
A king number bet offers one number which is also called the king number. This number gets added to all of your other groupings of numbers. If you have a ticket with two 3-spot bets, then select a king number. You would then have 3 separate groupings.
Your two 3-spot bets plus the king number, making them 4-spot bets, plus a 1-spot bet consisting of just your king number.
Split tickets offer tickets with a combination of more than one straight bet. If the player had placed a straight bet on two separate tickets, It pays and plays the same. You are not allowed to choose a number twice and this is a kind of disadvantage.
A combination ticket means the combination of several different grouping types on one ticket. You will be paying for each combination you choose to make.
Progressive Jackpot Games
As we mentioned earlier that Keno is a lottery-style game and it also offers you the jackpot with less investment. Progressive jackpot games can be played on online sites and on land-based Keno lounge floors.
Ex: Nevada Mega 10 Keno Progressive
Tips for Keno Games
- Keno game is tricky but user friendly. To win a big amount, you have to follow some tips as follows:
- Always look for special feature tick. As we know that many casino sites provide promotional offers on Keno Games. They have specific bets and different payouts.
- Try to choose a game with bonus features. If you’re playing video Keno, look for a game that has provided bonus features. Since the numbers are drawn at random, these will not have worse odds than a standard game.
- Keno is a game of variable payouts. Try to shop around for the best payouts. Many machines have different payouts on Keno and you will find these payouts for similar groupings. It’s important to look at payouts before choosing to play a Keno game. It works for both video Keno and live Keno.
- Always look for a progressive game because these games offer you to win a heavy amount. Jackpot is worth $5 million on many sites and if you’re looking for a huge jackpot, then try to play Progressive Keno Game.